Thursday, November 8, 2007

It has been too long since I last posted. Many many many things have happened since then. And, Sadly, too many to write about here. It's safe to say that my life has been busy and interesting. (when could it not be when raising two little ones ages 3 and 2, re-modeling a 100+ year old house, and keeping myself from going crazy because of it.)?

Many of my friends keep blogs and I've never been able to consistantly keep one...let alone a diary when I was growing up. I wanted to....very badly, but just never had the stick-to-it-ness that you need to make it work. I'd love to be able to journal and remember things that happened to me today when I'm 90 (if I make it that long) but maybe it's better to just remember the things that you want to remember and not all the dreary day-to-day routine (I just said my life was interesting, didn't I?).

Ah, well. I've been stressing for over a month about what to do for my Mom's 50th Birthday. It just seems like it's such a wonderful milestone and I'd like to recognize it somehow in a big way. I've thought of all kinds of things I could buy her...picture of the kids, hearts, butterflies, movies...all things she would enjoy, but does that really celebrate the 50 years that she's had here on earth with her family and friends? I WANTED to get everyone together and have them send cards to her and have a big card shower...BUT, my Mommy being who she is, is mostly a private person and didn't want the entire world knowing that she turns 50 this year (maybe when I'm 50 I'll understand. All I can see now is a great opportunity for a wonderful party wasted!) But we are going over to Dad and Mom's on Sunday to help her celebrate. I'm making a cake and probably something for lunch so she doesn't have to.....but that still doesn't seem like enough.

So I think what I'm going to do is buy some really great stationary and a pretty pen and sit down and write her a letter. I want to tell her everything that she's meant to me in my short 28 years (ACK! Am I really that old?) and how much I love her. Corny...but I think out of everything that I've thought of doing for her...she might like this the best. (Mommy is VERY sentimental. Is that where I get it?)

So, hopefully if I remember this coming Monday I'll sit down and write how her birthday goes. It should be a fun time celebrating the 50 years of my favorite Lady on earth!!!!!!!! :)

1 comment:

Krystal said...

I think writing your mom a heartfelt letter would be absolutely perfect. I've written my mom several of them over the years and I know she treasures them.